Qualcomm has filed three new patent infringment claims against Apple in US District Court, bringing the total to 16. That doesn't include a dispute Qualcomm is filing with the US International Trade Commission, which seeks a ban on importing some iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus models.
ZDNet reports that the patents in question include power-management chips and camera autofocus systems, two areas where Apple is reportedly investing heavily in the chip-design process.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- The search for alien life was just dealt a massive blow
- Apple may release a new 9.7-inch iPad for less than $300
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
Qualcomm deepens Apple battle with new round of lawsuits originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 23:04:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.