Qualcomm deepens Apple battle with new round of lawsuits
Qualcomm has filed three new patent infringment claims against Apple in US District Court, bringing the total to 16. That doesn't include a dispute Qualcomm is filing with the US International Trade Commission, which seeks a ban on importing some iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus models.
ZDNet reports that the patents in question include power-management chips and camera autofocus systems, two areas where Apple is reportedly investing heavily in the chip-design process.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- The search for alien life was just dealt a massive blow
- Apple may release a new 9.7-inch iPad for less than $300
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
Qualcomm deepens Apple battle with new round of lawsuits originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 23:04:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.