Free-to-play hero shooter Paladins is getting is own battle royale mode in the vein of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Developer Hi-Rez Studios announced the "Battlegrounds" mode (yes, it's actually called that) at Hi-Rez Expo 2018 on Thursday, which, just like PUBG, will feature 100 players dropped into a massive map where they fight over loot and battle to be the last team standing as a deadly fog rolls in, shrinking the playing field.
Hi-Rez says that Paladins: Battlegrounds was "designed from the ground up to be played in teams" and will use the same class-based team setup from the main game. Although the mode is clearly inspired by (or ripped directly from) PUBG, the main game of Paladins is actually more like Blizzard's Overwatch than anything else.
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- The AirPods accessory everyone should have is only $12 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X?
‘PUBG’ gets more competition as ‘Paladins’ adds battle royale game mode originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 14:58:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.