Prescription drugs keep popping up in dietary supplements
If you choose to take an over-the-counter supplement for weight loss, muscle building, or even sexual enhancement you probably trust what it says on the bottle. The labels are often filled with vitamins, minerals, and other substances meant to make you look or feel better, but you might also be getting something you never intended.
A new study published in JAMA Network Open offers an all-encompassing look at instances of prescription drugs being found in many different supplements, and it happens with startling regularity. A shocking 20% of supplements tested by the Food and Drug Administration was found to contain prescription medications that had no business being included.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $9 wireless charger, $17 Bluetooth earbuds, Roku Sticks, Fire TV Stick, more
- Amazon has a shockingly good Netgear router for just $19.98
Trending Right Now:
- This is easily the best and most terrifying ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler yet
- Did Google just tell us that it’s getting rid of Android?
- New leak suggests Huawei’s Mate 20 Pro could be the most exciting Android of the year
Prescription drugs keep popping up in dietary supplements originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 12:06:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.