Porsche boasts that Mission E charging will be twice as fast as a Tesla
Porsche earlier this week released a new interview with Uew Michael, the company's head of Electrics/Electronics Development at Porsche. As part of the interview, which covered a broad range of topics, Michael divulged some interesting details about the company's highly anticipated Mission E, a premium EV with a sticker price of $85,000 that will presumably compete with Tesla at the high-end of the EV market.
Of particular interest were Michael's remarks regarding Porsche superchargers. While it's easy to focus on traditional metrics like raw acceleration when discussing EVs, it's important to remember that one of the reasons underlying Tesla's success in recent years has been the company's ongoing interest in rolling out Supercharger stations at strategic highway locations all across the world.
BGR Top Deals:
- The $30 home security cam that sells out every time we cover it is even cheaper right now
- $18 device ensures your family’s huge downloads never interrupt your Fire TV or Chromecast streaming
Trending Right Now:
- Monkeys have been successfully cloned in China, but you might not like the reason why
- Netflix has 30 new original shows and movies premiering in February – here’s the full list
- The amount of data Google tracks from your Android phone is staggering
Porsche boasts that Mission E charging will be twice as fast as a Tesla originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Jan 2018 at 22:03:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.