‘Pokemon Go’s new AR+ mode will make wild encounters even more realistic
One of the most ignored elements of Pokemon Go is finally getting the upgrade it deserves. On Wednesday, Niantic revealed a new feature for Pokemon Go called AR+, adding a sense of scale and strategy to Pokemon encounters in the wild. Powered by Apple's ARKit, the new mode will fix Pokemon to a point in space, allowing players to walk up to them and see them at scale from the phone's display. But don't get too close, or they might run away.
While the advanced augmented reality functionality itself is an exciting addition, even more exciting is how it will affect the way that players interact with Pokemon Go. Wild Pokemon encountered in AR+ have a sense of awareness, so it will be important for you to sneak up behind them or they will see you coming and run away.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Nest Cam, $25 Alexa speaker, Bose, Sonos, 128GB microSD, Fitbit Ionic, more
- Everyone who owns a Roku Stick or a Fire TV Stick should have this $6 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Leak shows Galaxy S9 will be Samsung’s most powerful phone ever, but it’s still no iPhone X
- Samsung just launched a budget phone that brings good news for the Galaxy S9
- There may be a volcano forming under New England, scientists warn
‘Pokemon Go’s new AR+ mode will make wild encounters even more realistic originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 at 09:51:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.