Fans of Pokemon Go who haven't upgraded their phones or tablets since 2013 or earlier are about to have to find a new way to catch 'em all. On Tuesday, developer Niantic announced that it will be ending support for Apple devices incapable of upgrading to iOS 11 in an upcoming update for the popular mobile game.
Niantic explains that this change is due to the fact that improvements to Pokemon Go are pushing the app beyond the capabilities of older versions of the mobile operating system. Therefore, following February 28th, 2018, Pokemon Go players on affected devices will no longer be able to log into their accounts or use items in-game.
BGR Top Deals:
- Super NES Classic is in stock at a premium right now on Amazon – with Prime shipping
- Add a head-up display to any car with this $48 device
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint customers are about to get a very unpleasant bill hike
- This is how the first smartphone with a fingerprint sensor under the display works
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
‘Pokemon Go’ will end support for iPhones and iPads that can’t upgrade to iOS 11 originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 09:14:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.