After debuting the first batch of Generation 3 Pokemon during the Halloween event in October, Niantic announced on Wednesday that several new Pokemon from the Hoenn region will be arriving in-game later this week, with even more set to arrive in the coming weeks. In addition to the new Pokemon, Niantic is also introducing real-world weather into the game, which will affect gameplay in a variety of interesting ways going forward.
The arrival of Generation 3 Pokemon has been anticipated by fans for nearly a year, with the rollout of Generation 2 having taken place way back in February of this year. The Generation 3 creatures were first introduced in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, which launched in 2002 on the Game Boy Advance.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $30 home security cam with 14 days of free cloud storage sells out every time we mention it
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- The real victim of the stupid Amazon vs. Google feud is you
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Amazon Prime Video is finally available on Apple TV
‘Pokemon Go’ evolves with 50 new Pokemon and dynamic weather effects originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 09:20:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.