‘Pokemon Go’ Community Day gives trainers a new reason to go outside and play
When Pokemon Go launched two summers ago, it was a bona fide phenomenon. I couldn't walk two blocks without running into someone on their phone, spinning a Photo Disc or trying to catch a Pokemon. On top of being financially successful, Pokemon Go was actually bringing people together, which was quite an achievement.
A year and a half later, Niantic is trying to revive that magic with a new monthly event called Community Day, during which players can meet up at local parks to encounter a special Pokemon. The Pokemon, which will only be available for a few hours, will know an exclusive move that was previously unavailable for that Pokemon.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Nest Thermostat pays for itself even faster now that it’s discounted on Amazon
- For $25, your car can have the same cool tech found in $100,000 luxury cars
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s most exciting phone in years is ‘almost finished’ but nowhere near ready to launch
- ‘Assassin’ spiders impale their victims on a venomous pike, then watch as they die
- Best Buy’s 2 Day Sale features great deals on laptops, TVs, headphones and more
‘Pokemon Go’ Community Day gives trainers a new reason to go outside and play originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 20:31:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.