Please don’t buy an iPhone X right now
If you were doing something boring and normal like sleeping last night, you probably missed that iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max pre-orders kicked off at 3AM Eastern Time last night. The new iPhones will be in stores in a week, which means we've officially entered the dangerous twilight zone where a handful of misinformed (or desperate) people are going to buy an iPhone X for an eye-watering amount of money, either out of ignorance or need. Don't be one of them.
Apple has done something unusual this year, entirely killing off the 2017 iPhone X in favor of new and shinier models. Normally, when a new flagship comes out, Apple simply discounts the previous-year model, and it becomes the "cheap" iPhone option. This year, that isn't going to happen, because in addition to the iPhone XS, Apple also launched the iPhone XR, a $749 iPhone for people who don't care about things like OLED vs LCD.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today is probably the last day of Amazon’s surprise Fire TV Stick sale for Prime members
- Believe it or not, Bose actually makes a sound bar you can afford
Trending Right Now:
- T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T are all offering huge discounts on the iPhone XS
- An incredible theory explains the events of ‘Infinity War’ and sets us up for ‘Avengers 4’
- Peter Dinklage says Game of Thrones’ final season is so epic that ‘you are in for it. Truly.’