Playing ‘Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’ in Chrome is a shockingly smooth experience
When Google announced Project Stream last week, I was cautiously optimistic. After all, if anyone was going to solve the game streaming puzzle, Google had to be near the top of the list. So I was pleasantly surprised to find an invite to the private test in my personal inbox over the weekend, giving me access to the full Assassin's Creed Odyssey game through my Chrome browser from now through January 15th, 2019, when the test ends.
Setting the game up was surprisingly simple. All I had to do was click on a link, test my current setup to make sure my WiFi network met the minimum requirements (25 Mbps), and click PLAY. Once I'd logged into my Ubisoft account, the game started up in my Chrome browser the exact same way it started on my PS4.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
- Charge your new Apple Watch Series 4 (or any other model) on the go for $40
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star teases return to ‘Avengers 4’ despite her heartbreaking ‘Infinity War’ death
- It looks like Samsung is finally ready to copy the Apple move we all knew it would eventually copy
- Catch-and-release fishing might actually be doing more harm than good
Playing ‘Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’ in Chrome is a shockingly smooth experience originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 22:08:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.