Pixelmator for iOS Gets an Update – Version 2.2 Offers iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Support
The Pixelmator team has updated their popular Pixelmator for iOS app, bringing it up to version 2.2. The new app includes support for the new iPad Pro, including full support for the Apple Pencil, and has the ability to open and edit images up to 100 megapixels.
What’s New in Version 2.2
Pixelmator for iOS 2.2 works great on the iPad Pro, fully supports the new Apple Pencil, adds 3D Touch support, and more.
Pixelmator now works great on the new iPad Pro
Create and edit images with Pixelmator on the iPad Pro.
- Sketch and paint even more naturally with full Apple Pencil and palm-rejection support, as well as specially tailored brushes, featuring pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity.
- Open and edit images up to 100 megapixels.
Pixelmator adds 3D Touch support on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- Paint with 3D Touch-sensitivity.
- Press firmly on the Pixelmator icon on the home screen to instantly open your Pixelmator gallery, create a new image, or open an image from Photos.
- Press firmly on an image in your Pixelmator gallery to quickly preview it, duplicate it, share it, copy it to Photos, or to delete it.
More great improvements and fixes
- A collection of artist-designed Basic brushes, including the new Pixel brush.
- Enhanced crop and straighten performance.
- Auto-straighten to straighten images with a single tap.
- Cropping-lines now snap to objects in your composition.
- Ability to increase font size up to 1000 pixels.
- Pixelmator is no longer the default app for opening PDF documents from iCloud Drive.
- Text with a shadow is now exported correctly.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
“User feedback about the desktop-class features of Pixelmator for iOS has been amazing, and today we’re excited to make all those features available on the iPad Pro,” said Saulius Dailide, one of the founders of Pixelmator Team. “Pixelmator on the iPad Pro gives you more space to create thanks to the large 12.9-inch display, it allows you to paint more naturally than ever with full Apple Pencil and palm-rejection support, and lets you edit incredibly large images up to 100 megapixels.”
Pixelmator for iOS now takes full advantage of the iPad Pro’s powerful features, allowing users to take full advantage of the new device’s 12.9-inch screen and powerful processing capabilities. Apple Pencil support and over 50 specially tailored brushes means users have full control over their strokes, allowing them to paint more intuitively than ever.
Photographers will be glad to know Pixelmator for iOS now offers 16K image support, allowing image editing professionals to work with images of up to 100 megapixels.
iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users will be glad to hear that Pixelmator 2.2 adds full 3D Touch support, bringing 3D Touch-sensitive painting to the app. Users can change the look of a stroke simply by varying the pressure on the screen with their finger.
Pixelmator for iOS 2.2 is $4.99, and is available through the App Store. [GET IT HERE]