People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
2017 has been a standout year for cord-cutting. In July, August, and September, cord-cutters set a new record for ditching traditional pay-TV, with an estimated 1.2 million people ditching their cable or satellite subscription in those three months alone.
So how is AT&T, one of the biggest providers of cable and owner of satellite service DirecTV, going to deal with this existential threat? By raising prices, of course.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
- Today’s best deals: TV backlight kit, Bose soundbar, fast wireless charger, LED headlight kit, more
Trending Right Now:
- The full list of 34 new Netflix original shows and movies debuting in December
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- 9 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 13:37:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.