Our favorite new Yale smart lock lets you unlock your front door with Alexa or Siri
Remember back in the old days, like in 2017, when people still unlocked their front doors with keys? Pffff, we live in the future and no one carries house keys in the future. The Yale Assure Lock SL with iM1 and Yale Assure Lock SL with Z Wave smart locks don’t even give you the option of carrying a key. Instead, they feature touchscreen keypads where you can dial in one of 250 user configurable PIN codes to unlock your door. You can also use Siri on your iPhone with the iM1 version of the lock, or Amazon Alexa with the Z Wave version.
Yale Assure Lock SL with iM1
- Lock and unlock your door by asking siri or with the Apple home app, when you're at home
- Access from anywhere when you have an Apple TV (4TH GEN or later) near your front door
- Create daily schedules to ensure your door is locked at the same time each day
- Fits on standard doors 1 3/8 inch to 2 1/4 inch thick with 2-1/8 inch face bore hole
- Enter your 4-8 digit pin code on the backlit touchscreen keypad to unlock - create unique pin codes for friends and family within the Yale secure app
Yale Assure Lock SL with Z Wave
- Includes Z-Wave Plus Network Module, allowing integration into your Z-Wave network (Z-wave controller required, sold separately)
- Manage Access – Create and share up to 25 (250 when paired to Z-Wave controller or alarm panel) unique pin codes to share with friends and family. Delete when you need to.
- Key Free – No cylinder means no lost keys and no pick and bump break-ins.
- Backlit Keypad – Keypad wakes with a touch and has numbers that won’t wear off.
- Battery Back-up – Never lose power. The lock can be energized with a 9V battery.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- This $42 wireless keyboard never needs to be recharged
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
- Intel announces Core chips with Radeon graphics as Nvidia unveils SoC for self-driving cars
- Samsung introduces the future of displays: A 146-inch MicroLED TV that fills an entire wall
Our favorite new Yale smart lock lets you unlock your front door with Alexa or Siri originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 12:08:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.