Oops: Researchers say 3.7 billion-year-old ‘fossils’ are probably just rocks
Hunting for fossils is a difficult business in the first place, but the challenge is multiplied the farther back in time you're searching. Finding bones from a dinosaur that lived 50 million years ago is a cake walk compared to hunting for evidence of life from billions of years back.
A new analysis of supposed 3.7 billion-year-old fossils in Greenland reveals that the researchers who first announced the discovery may have gotten it all wrong. In truth, it seems the strange deposits found in ancient ground may have just been rock all along.
BGR Top Deals:
- The 50-inch 4K TV with built-in Fire TV everyone loves is somehow back down to $349.99
- Our favorite smart lock now comes with exciting new features, and it’s finally in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Upgrade your phone and get unlimited data in one of T-Mobile’s best deals of 2018
- It looks like the first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer and title reveal might be coming soon
- An iPhone X submerged in the ocean for 8 hours came out unscathed
Oops: Researchers say 3.7 billion-year-old ‘fossils’ are probably just rocks originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 23:07:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.