OnePlus a few days ago announced its second handset of the year, the OnePlus 5T that’s already the best-sold handset in the company’s short history. The phone generally has the same specs as the OnePlus 5 but features a new design and a few nifty tricks. Speed is one of them, as the OnePlus 5T proved to be faster than the iPhone X in performance tests, while its Face Unlock facial recognition feature is faster than the iPhone X’s Face ID.
However, that doesn’t mean Face Unlock is as secure as Face ID. The technology doesn’t use a 3D sensor to scan the user’s face, and OnePlus doesn’t let you authorize payments via Apple Pay and can’t be used to unlock certain apps, like mobile banking.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today only: Amazon has a huge Black Friday sale on SanDisk memory cards and more
- Amazon has a Sony 60-inch 4K TV for under $650 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Early Galaxy S9 leaks show Samsung can’t copy the iPhone fast enough
- These are all the Black Friday iPhone deals out there (sorry, no iPhone X)
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
OnePlus’s Face Unlock is faster than Apple’s Face ID, but that doesn’t mean it’s better originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 23 Nov 2017 at 17:28:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.