OnePlus stops credit card payments after users report fraudulent charges
Just as OnePlus seemed to be putting its mishaps behind it, several customers who made purchases on OnePlus.net reported mysterious transactions on their credit cards. Shortly after these reports started rolling in, OnePlus posted on the forum to confirm that it was aware of the issue and that an investigation is underway. As of today, the cause of the issue is still unknown, though OnePlus is working with third-party providers to find out.
In order to hopefully save any other customers from having their credit card information stolen, OnePlus on Tuesday disabled credit card payments on OnePlus.net. If you want to buy a phone or an accessory from the site, you can still do so through PayPal, but you won't be able to use your credit card to complete a transaction.
BGR Top Deals:
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
Trending Right Now:
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- It’s so cold in Russia that thermometers are breaking
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
OnePlus stops credit card payments after users report fraudulent charges originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 18:39:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.