We've known for quite some time that a new OnePlus phone was in the works to follow up the OnePlus 5 and 5T, but we didn't know when we should expect to see it. Speaking with CNET at CES in Las Vegas this week, OnePlus CEO Pete Lau revealed that the OnePlus 6 "could" come late in the second quarter, just like the OnePlus 5 in 2017.
Lau wouldn't reveal anything else about the phone other than confirm that it will feature the Snapdragon 845 chipset. He wouldn't even say its name (though our money is on OnePlus 6). He also reaffirmed that the company has yet to decide whether or not it will release more than one smartphone this year, as it has the past two.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- Double the speed of your Fire TV or Chromecast with a simple $19 gadget
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- Researchers discover bizarre ‘Hypatia’ stone is made from material not found in our Solar System
- Uber had a secret program that froze company computers if the police raided an office
OnePlus confirms that its next flagship phone will launch in the next 5 months originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 18:14:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.