Oh look, an Android phone maker blatantly copied the iPhone X
Some of the most diehard Android fans out there will tell you that the iPhone X is meh, as it doesn’t bring any truly new technologies to the table. The phone has an all-screen design that’s also available on several 2017 Android devices, face recognition support that Android has had for years, 10nm chips, and wireless charging that's also an “old” Android feature. Even the notch was done on Android before the iPhone X.
But Apple’s display, made by Samsung, is currently the best in the business while Face ID and the TrueDepth camera are more sophisticated than anything on Android. As for the A11 Bionic chip, Apple’s latest mobile chip has no rival in the business. In other words, we can expect Android to swipe some of the iPhone X’s new "old" features, and the most blatant attempt to do it has now been made official. And no, it’s not Samsung.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise! Nest’s Learning Thermostat just dropped to an all-time low for Cyber Monday
- Amazon’s Instant Pot deal for Cyber Monday is even better than its Black Friday best-seller
Trending Right Now:
- Russians claim they’ve found the first extraterrestrial life, and it was right under our noses
- 5 best Cyber Week sales happening now: Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today
Oh look, an Android phone maker blatantly copied the iPhone X originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 13:40:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.