The iPhone X’s ugly notch is a necessary compromise between design and functionality. Until Apple finds a way to hide all the front-facing cameras, speakers, and sensors under the screen, the notch will be found on all iPhones going forward — it’s also a neat marketing trick that makes the iPhone X recognizable from a crowd of all-screen phones.
Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will not copy the iPhone X’s notch, but that doesn’t mean it’s not bound to happen sometime in the future, and a new discovery suggests Samsung is putting a lot of thought into its own notches.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Nest Thermostat pays for itself even faster now that it’s discounted on Amazon
- For $25, your car can have the same cool tech found in $100,000 luxury cars
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s most exciting phone in years is ‘almost finished’ but nowhere near ready to launch
- ‘Assassin’ spiders impale their victims on a venomous pike, then watch as they die
- Best Buy’s 2 Day Sale features great deals on laptops, TVs, headphones and more
Of course Samsung is studying ways to copy the iPhone X’s design originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 19:56:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.