Obesity might actually make you dumber, new study says
Being significantly overweight comes with plenty of well-documented health problems already. From the risk of injury due to stressed joints to type 2 diabetes, obesity isn't just dangerous, it's deadly. Now, a new study reveals that obesity might actually also affect your brain, and not just in a "I should grab another donut" kind of way.
In a new research paper published in the Journal of Neuroscience, researchers reveal that lab testing in mice has hinted at diminished brainpower in animals who are dramatically overweight. The fat and not-so-bright rodents may actually be incapable of processing information as well as their more fit counterparts.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s one reason this $80 smartwatch is way more impressive than the new Apple Watches about to launch
- Amazon’s best-selling Wi-Fi extender has 13,000 5-star reviews, and it’s on sale for $21 today
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
- Last-minute leak might reveal every new iPhone color for 2018
- What the Galaxy S10 would look like if Samsung copied the iPhone X
Obesity might actually make you dumber, new study says originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 15:54:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.