Obama’s FTC chairman has truly gone to the dark side
We enjoy reminding everyone that the current chair of the Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, is a former Verizon lobbyist. But Pai is far from being unique in the incestuous world of federal rule enforcement. Tom Wheeler, the Obama-appointed FCC chair who first enacted net neutrality rules, worked at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association and the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, two powerful industry lobbyists.
But it's still disheartening to see officials walk out of their jobs enforcing rules, and flipping almost immediately back to the other side. DSL Reports has a good roundup of former FTC boss Jon Leibowitz's actions since leaving the FTC, and they're about as bad as you could script: Working for Comcast to kill net neutrality provisions.
BGR Top Deals:
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
- Amazon sale slashes more than $100 off the best Chromebook on the planet
Trending Right Now:
- Ever wonder why you have eyebrows? Scientists think they now have the answer
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
- The iconic Gmail web design is getting a complete overhaul
Obama’s FTC chairman has truly gone to the dark side originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 11 Apr 2018 at 21:01:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.