NVIDIA doesn’t make self-driving cars of its own, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be an important player in the smart car business. That’s because NVIDIA has something that most carmakers lack: the hardware and software that can transform a regular car into a smart car that can keep track of everything that happens outside and inside of the vehicle.
Speaking in Tokyo at the last part of its GPU Technology Conference, NVIDIA detailed its next-generation DRIVE platform that’s powered by Xavier, which NVIDIA calls “the world’s most complex system on a chip.”
BGR Top Deals:
- Now you can cut the cord without losing live TV or your DVR
- The one Nintendo Switch accessory everyone should have
Trending Right Now:
- Archaeologists discover a crude ancient weapon that could kill a man with a single blow
- Apple just confirmed how important the iPhone X’s 3D camera really is
- After years of copying the iPhone, Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will finally copy Apple’s smartest strategy
NVIDIA doesn’t make smart cars, but it does have advanced AI-infused hardware for them originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Dec 2017 at 23:34:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.