The general assumption is that unless your internet comes from Google Fiber or a local provider, you're overpaying for a mediocre service. There's certainly some truth to that, but while the American internet system certainly isn't perfect, there's more than just a handful of giant cable companies with expensive capped data plans.
Fierce Telecom put together a list of wireless, wireline, and cable internet providers, and compared them on speed, technology, whether or not they have a usage cap, and what the overage fees are. Obviously, not every provider is available in every region, but it's still a fascinating look at who the best home internet providers are in 2018.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $92 smartwatch with 45-day battery life that supports both iOS and Android
- Every Roku and Fire TV should come with this accessory – but they don’t, so get one on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- This $10,000 3D printed house can be built in 24 hours and is bigger than a studio apartment
- New photo shows the Tiangong-1 space station that’s about to smash into Earth
- Look how much hotter the Galaxy S9 would be if Samsung had stolen Apple’s notch like everyone else
Not all internet plans are created equal, and this study will show you why originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 13 Mar 2018 at 15:52:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.