Nintendo Switch lifetime sales have already topped those of the Wii U
In just ten months, the Nintendo Switch has surpassed its predecessor's lifetime sales. More Switch consoles have been sold than the Wii U managed to sell in five years on the market. While that undoubtedly speaks to the apathetic response to the Wii U, it's also a sign that the Switch is exactly what Nintendo needed it to be.
According to the BBC, Nintendo sold 7.23 million Switch consoles last quarter, which brings the total sales to around 14.86 million. Between November 2012 when it launched to its death in 2017, Nintendo sold 13.56 million Wii Us.
BGR Top Deals:
- We’re not sure how, but Amazon is selling a Crock-Pot slow cooker for under $10
- This $40 box is the best way to get back at your cable company for overcharging you
Trending Right Now:
- Check out these gorgeous photos of this morning’s Super Blue Blood Moon
- $44 and 15 minutes is all it takes to convert any car’s headlights to LEDs
- Lost NASA satellite wakes up after being declared ‘dead’ 13 years ago
Nintendo Switch lifetime sales have already topped those of the Wii U originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 15:46:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.