Following arguably Nintendo's best year of the decade so far, the company announced on Thursday morning that the Switch has become the fastest-selling game console in US history. Released on March 3rd, 2017, the Switch has sold more than 4.8 million units in 10 months, according to Nintendo's internal sales figures. That marks the most sales for a console in that timeframe ever, including the Wii, which sold 4 million units in its first 10 months.
“Fans across the country have experienced the joy of playing their favorite games at home or on the go,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s President and COO. “Now that many more people have received Nintendo Switch systems for the holidays, we look forward to bringing them fun new surprises in 2018 and beyond.”
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- The AirPods accessory everyone should have is only $12 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X?
Nintendo Switch is now the fastest-selling game console in US history originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 17:03:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.