Niantic’s incredible AR demo shows Pokemon interacting with the real world
When Pokemon Go launched nearly two years ago, the augmented reality aspect of the game failed to catch on. The concept of seeing Pokemon in the real world was an intriguing one, but it was far easier to turn the AR feature off and not worry about where the wild Pokemon appeared in actual, physical space.
Niantic has made a few modest enhancements over the past 23 months, including the introduction of AR+ mode on iOS devices, but for the first time on Thursday, the developer showed off the future of augmented reality gaming, and whether or not you have any interest in AR or not, you're going to want to see this in action.
BGR Top Deals:
- You know the AirPods rivals everyone loves? They’re somehow only $18.79 right now
- Save $200 on Sony’s Glass Sound Speaker, which is basically a work of art
Trending Right Now:
- Someone just published a hands-on Galaxy Note 9 review a month before it’s even announced
- This iPhone X rumor is actually great news for the Pixel 3
- Verizon’s new MVNO keeps insisting it’s not an MVNO
Niantic’s incredible AR demo shows Pokemon interacting with the real world originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 28 Jun 2018 at 14:48:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.