When you hear the word "dinosaur" you mind probably paints a picture of the mighty tyrannosaurus or something similar, but not all of the long-lost creatures looked like oversized lizards — in fact, some of them just looked weird. A newly revealed duck-like dinosaur called Halszkaraptor escuilliei is one of the more peculiar creatures that lived tens of millions of years ago, and newly published research reveals just how odd it really was.
The dinosaur, which is thought to have lived around 75 millions years ago near what is currently Mongolia, looks like a cross between a duck and a swan, but came equipped with devastating claws and a beak that was lined with sharp teeth. Needless to say, you wouldn't have wanted to meet this thing in person.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $46 sound bar, best fast wireless charger, August lock, Norelco shavers, more
- If you own a Roku or a Fire TV, you need this brilliant $25 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what your cat is telling you when it shows you its butt
- Details emerge about a third new iPhone X successor Apple will debut next year
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
Newly discovered duck dinosaur is so weird that its discoverers couldn’t believe it was real originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 13:53:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.