Newfound species of ancient piranha-like fish would have made a meal of you, very slowly
It goes without saying that you could find some pretty dangerous animals if you were to travel back in time tens of millions of years ago, but not all of the creatures that lurked in prehistoric times were dramatically different from what we can still find on Earth today.
A newly-discovered species of ancient fish that swam Earth's waters roughly 150 million years ago actually doesn't look all that different from some that still exist today, but that doesn't mean you'd ever have wanted to take a swim with them. The species has been named Piranhamesodon pinnatomus, and if you couldn't tell from its name, it was a lot like a piranha.
BGR Top Deals:
- Get the tiny accessory that should come with every Roku Stick and Fire TV Stick for $7
- This $30 one-touch can opener has 4,500 5-star reviews on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- A big chunk of space junk came crashing down in California, and it’s just been identified
- The first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer supposedly leaked online
- How to enable Alexa’s whisper mode, rolling out now for Echo devices
Newfound species of ancient piranha-like fish would have made a meal of you, very slowly originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 23:07:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.