New study says not exercising is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do
It's no secret that there are a lot of things that can potentially impact your overall health. What food you eat, what habits you adopt or drop, and even how much sleep you get can have serious impacts on your wellbeing, but a new study by cardiologists reveals that of all the things you can do that might negatively impact your health, a sedentary lifestyle is the most deadly.
The research, which was published in JAMA Network Open, surveyed a whopping 122,007 patients between early 1991 and late 2014. The doctors recorded fitness levels of the individuals and then followed up to track mortality rates. The numbers were, as one of the authors of the paper put it, "extremely surprising."
BGR Top Deals:
- Get the tiny accessory that should come with every Roku Stick and Fire TV Stick for $7
- This $30 one-touch can opener has 4,500 5-star reviews on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- A big chunk of space junk came crashing down in California, and it’s just been identified
- The first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer supposedly leaked online
- How to enable Alexa’s whisper mode, rolling out now for Echo devices
New study says not exercising is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 21:03:24 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.