Unless you're a smartphone power user, there's a good chance that you didn't know there's more than one version of the iPhone X. As we explained in a post last month, Apple equips iPhones in the US with modems from both Intel and Qualcomm, and depending on which carrier you're on, you might be stuck with one or the other.
You might be wondering whether or not that matters, and if so, to what degree. In an LTE speed test that we covered last month comparing the two versions of the iPhone X, the Intel modem won out, despite being beaten by Qualcomm on the iPhone 7 Plus. But a new test suggests that while the design has changed, the best modem hasn't.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
- How to watch the supermoon this weekend
- Astronomers spot a planet so hostile they had a hard time believing it
New study confirms that one type of iPhone X is faster than the other originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 18:11:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.