New report suggests that the iPhone 8 won’t be Apple’s last LCD phone
Whatever you think of the iPhone X, there's no debating that it's the most drastic evolution that Apple's smartphone line has ever seen. With it's all-screen design, OLED display, lack of home button and sensor array, it looks unlike any iPhone we've ever seen. But alongside the iPhone X, Apple launched a more traditional phone: the iPhone 8. Though it looks like a relic next to the X, it might not be the last LCD iPhone that Apple ever releases.
In a new report this week, Rosenblatt Securities analyst Jun Zhang said that as "steady" as iPhone X sales have been, the price is still a hurdle for many customers. Some customers simply aren't willing or able to pay $1,000 for a smartphone, which is why he believes that next year, Apple will release a new phone next year that retain the LCD display of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, but feature a similar design to that of the iPhone X.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s big Black Friday sale just kicked off on Amazon
- Amazon’s huge Black Friday Bose sale is already going strong
Trending Right Now:
- 34 new Netflix original shows and movies will debut in December – here’s the full list
- Best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop right now: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, more
- The best Black Friday smartphone deals from Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint
New report suggests that the iPhone 8 won’t be Apple’s last LCD phone originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 18:11:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.