New report sheds light on why Siri has failed to live up to expectations
To say that Siri was introduced with a lot of fanfare would be a gross understatement. Siri of course made its debut on the iPhone 4s, and far from being one of many new and exciting feature, Siri was positioned as the iPhone 4s' flagship feature. Accompanied by a massive marketing campaign, Siri, or so Apple told us, was going to forever change the way we interact with our smartphones.
More than six years since its release, Siri hasn't exactly lived up to the potential many in the tech industry thought it had. Now that's not to say that Siri is completely useless. Far from it, Apple's intelligent assistant has become incredibly useful and more reliable over the past few years. Still, Siri's shortcomings become impossible to ignore when measured against rival personal assistants from the likes of Google and Amazon.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your Roku Stick or Fire TV Stick will never buffer again with this $17 accessory
- Amazon has a $92 smartwatch with 45-day battery life that supports both iOS and Android
Trending Right Now:
- Good lord, Android phone makers, please just stop
- 5 things you need to know about Stephen Hawking, who died overnight at age 76
- Relive the time Stephen Hawking ruthlessly owned John Oliver
New report sheds light on why Siri has failed to live up to expectations originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 at 20:00:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.