New report reveals which wireless carriers get the most robocalls
Is there anything more annoying about phones than the influx of robocalls that the United States has experienced over the past few years? What was once a minor annoyance has ballooned into a full-blown plague, and the disease has continued to spread uncontrollably for far too long. Between robocalls and unsolicited PR pitches, things have gotten to the point where I personally no longer answer my phone at all unless the caller is in my contact list. The PR pitches are annoying, sure, but it's the robocalls that are truly infuriating.
US wireless carriers offer various tools in a half-assed effort to do something about the ever-rising volume of robocalls received by their customers. Unsurprisingly, those tools have done nothing at all to help the situation. In fact, things have only gotten worse. A new report from the YouMail Robocall Index reveals that robocalls haven't just increased steadily in the US over the past few months, they've exploded to record highs. The report also reveals which wireless carriers get the most robocalls, and the carrier in the #1 spot couldn't be anymore ironic.
BGR Top Deals:
- The worst thing about cutting the cord is losing your DVR, but this box fixes the problem
- Amazon’s running a lightning deal on the device that lets your phone see where no other phone can
Trending Right Now:
- Meet Chat, another new Google messaging service that’s still not as good as Apple’s iMessage
- This is the photo that conspiracy theorists say proves the Moon landing was a fraud
- Google just made using two-factor authentication a complete no-brainer
New report reveals which wireless carriers get the most robocalls originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 at 08:51:19 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.