New renders show Samsung’s boring new Galaxy S9 will still be beautiful
It's extremely rare that a smartphone design holds up for more than a year. That's one of many reasons why it's so puzzling that Apple has used almost the exact same iPhone design for four consecutive years. Four years! Apple's latest-generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus were released in 2017 and they look nearly identical to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus that launched all the way back in 2014. Luckily, Apple also released the iPhone X last year, complete with a design overhaul for Apple fans who couldn't stomach coughing up cash for yet another iPhone that looks the same.
Across the pond in South Korea, Samsung is also preparing to release brand new flagship smartphones that look almost exactly like the flagship smartphones the company launched last year. Luckily, Samsung's Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ have two things going for them: Samsung's Galaxy S8 design is only one year old at this point, and it also still happens to be one of the most stunning smartphone designs in the world.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $21 off Nest, best-selling Crock-Pot for $35, All-new Fire TV, $64 soundbar, more
- The premium Bluetooth headphones that beat Beats just dropped to their lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- Naked mole rats just threw science a huge curve ball, and it might lead to the Fountain of Youth
- New leak might’ve revealed Galaxy S9 pricing and release details
- Grammys winners 2018: The complete list
New renders show Samsung’s boring new Galaxy S9 will still be beautiful originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 at 11:26:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.