New Mac malware evades anti-virus to snoop on internet traffic
Macs are less likely to be infected by malicious apps than Windows computers, but they’re not immune to malware attacks.
A fresh discovery details a dangerous kind of rogue program that can help hackers steal data from your computer and perform other nefarious tasks without your knowledge. Even worse, known anti-virus programs can’t detect the new malware, and it’s not entirely clear how the program propagates to new users.
BGR Top Deals:
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
- Today’s top deals: $30 Crock-Pot, $15 Bluetooth headphones, Dyson vacuum, Nest Thermostat, more
Trending Right Now:
- Insider reveals Samsung’s exact Galaxy S9 release date
- It’s so cold in Russia that thermometers are breaking
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
New Mac malware evades anti-virus to snoop on internet traffic originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 at 19:45:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.