New leak again shows how Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will copy Apple’s smartest iPhone strategy
Back in mid-December I wrote a piece about how after all these years of copying Apple, it appeared as though Samsung was finally going to copy Apple's smartest strategy in 2018. Apple and Samsung copy each other all the time, of course, and this has been the case ever since Samsung first entered the smartphone market. The South Korean company has been a bit more blatant over the years — you'll recall that Samsung was once fined hundreds of millions of dollars for stealing from Apple — which is why I found it odd that Samsung missed a big opportunity last year with the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
Once Apple finally copied Samsung and released a Plus model iPhone with a much larger display in 2014, Samsung copied Apple right back by changing up its Galaxy S lineup to mimic Apple's iPhones. So instead of releasing a small Galaxy S phone in the first half of the year and a large Galaxy Note flagship in the second half, Samsung started to release "Plus" versions of its Galaxy S phones, just like Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- Today’s best deals: $19 Bluetooth earbuds, $12 smart LED bulb, foam mattress, iPad Air refurbs, more
Trending Right Now:
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- You definitely shouldn’t eat romaine lettuce for a while, unless you want E. coli
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
New leak again shows how Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will copy Apple’s smartest iPhone strategy originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 11:35:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.