Apple has released iOS 11.2.2 for all iPhone and iPad versions running iOS 11. Apple says that the update contains security fixes, and although they aren't specified, it's a good guess that it might have something to do with the Spectre and Meltdown bugs that were recently revealed.
The update is being pushed out over-the-air, which means that anyone running the most current iOS 11.2.1 version should be able to go download and install the update right now.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- This $42 wireless keyboard never needs to be recharged
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
- Samsung introduces the future of displays: A 146-inch MicroLED TV that fills an entire wall
- Did NASA’s Mars rover just find ancient Martian fossils?
New iOS 11.2.2 update improves iPhone and iPad security originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 13:21:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.