New figures show Apple’s HomePod continues to lag behind more popular smart speakers
The $349 HomePod smart speaker Apple released earlier this year hasn't yet won more than 6 percent market share, thanks in part to a late release into a category dominated by heavy-hitting rival speakers from the likes of Amazon and Google.
Indeed, according to research from Strategy Analytics, Apple's is only the fourth most popular smart speaker at the moment. Strategy Analytics' numbers put the HomePod behind, no surprise, the much more established Amazon Echo, Google Home and even Alibaba's Tmall Genie.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon can’t stop slashing its price on AirPods, and they’re back in stock
- This wire-free home security camera has 6-month battery life for under $100
Trending Right Now:
- Blood pressure medication recalled because it gives you cancer instead
- Chrome may soon add a feature that will speed up the entire internet
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoilers might be hiding in plain sight
New figures show Apple’s HomePod continues to lag behind more popular smart speakers originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 21:01:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.