Netflix is making a final ‘House of Cards’ season, but without Kevin Spacey
House of Cards will be returning for a final season, Netflix has confirmed -- but without the help of Kevin Spacey. The streaming service said Monday afternoon that the final season will start filming in 2018, and Spacey will not be a part of it.
The final season will have eight episodes, Netflix told a UBS media conference (as reported by Reuters). The sixth season was originally expected to air sometime in summer 2018, but given that production has already been delayed and that significant rewrites will be needed, late 2018 or early 2019 would be a much better guess at this point.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- There’s one area Apple didn’t improve on the iPhone X, but you can work around it for $25
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- Samsung needed 8 months to figure out there are no Microsoft Edition Galaxy phones
- NASA raises possibility of life on Pluto, says the dwarf planet may be hiding a vast ocean
Netflix is making a final ‘House of Cards’ season, but without Kevin Spacey originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 12:59:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.