NASA’s solar probe spares a thought for Earth as it speeds towards the Sun
NASA began its mission to "touch the Sun" back in mid-August, sending the Parker Solar Probe towards our star on a first-of-its-kind trip that will hopefully result in all kinds of neat information. The probe is still a great distance from the Sun, having not yet reached its first date with Venus yet, but it took a moment to gaze back at its home anyway.
In a new image released by NASA, the probe looks back towards Earth, which appears at a bright glowing dot in a star-covered canvas. The photo is the first look we've had at the probe's modest imaging capabilities, but it's a pretty neat image nonetheless.
BGR Top Deals:
- Turn your Fire TV remote into a QWERTY keyboard and universal TV remote with this $25 accessory
- Turn any garage door opener into a smart garage door opener with one $80 device
Trending Right Now:
- Archaeologists uncover oldest weapons ever found in North America, and they might rewrite history
- Netflix will debut 57 new original shows and movies in November – here’s the full list
- Netflix’s ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ would have been so much better with its original ending
NASA’s solar probe spares a thought for Earth as it speeds towards the Sun originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 20:08:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.