NASA’s Curiosity rover just snapped a stunning 360-degree panorama of Mars
NASA's Opportunity rover might be taking an extended nap at the moment (please don't say it's dead!) but the Curiosity rover is wide awake and doing a whole bunch of science stuff. The nuclear-powered robot, which didn't experience any significant downtime in the wake of the dust storm that brought down its older sibling, just got done playing with some new rocks, and took a moment to grab a fantastic 360-degree view of its surroundings.
The image, which is a bit distorted near the bottom due to the quirks of taking a panorama with the rover's own body in the frame, is a timely reminder of just how harsh the conditions on the Red Planet are.
BGR Top Deals:
- Surprise sale slashes the Fire TV Stick to just $25 for Prime members
- These wireless over-ear noise cancelling headphones are way too good to be on sale for $43
Trending Right Now:
- Best Buy slashes Apple Watch Series 3 prices by $300 for one day only
- ‘Avengers 4’ will bring back another beloved hero from the ashes of ‘Infinity War’
- The Galaxy S10 with 5G might cost a fortune
NASA’s Curiosity rover just snapped a stunning 360-degree panorama of Mars originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 22:02:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.