NASA says skyscraper-sized asteroid headed toward Earth is ‘potentially hazardous’
Imagine a piece of rock the size of the Burj Khalifa skyscraper speeding through space 15 times faster the world’s fastest manned aircraft. Now imagine that piece of rock buzzing toward Earth on its way to making a nearby pass (and by "nearby," we mean more than 11 times the distance between our planet and the moon).
If you were a scientist at NASA, you’d probably deem that object as “potentially hazardous,” too. But thankfully, we shouldn't need any stunts like the one pulled off in Armageddon to save us.
BGR Top Deals:
- Wireless earbuds that sound this much better than AirPods should cost way more than $24
- The ‘Amazon’s Choice’ Crock-Pot slow cooker everyone loves is only $30 right now
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung just launched a brand new Galaxy Note 8 version that you absolutely can’t buy
- Google’s viral art selfie app raises concerns of privacy and racism
- This is the Galaxy S9 of our dreams
NASA says skyscraper-sized asteroid headed toward Earth is ‘potentially hazardous’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 14:00:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.