NASA refuses to give up on silent Opportunity rover
NASA's Mars Opportunity rover isn't doing much of anything right now, and that's how it's been for a number of months now. The rover was swallowed up by the planet-wide dust storm that engulfed Mars way back in June, and it was forced to enter a standby mode after its solar power was cut off by the huge clouds of dust.
The rover might truly be lost forever, and NASA has already explained all the things that could go wrong while the rover sits silently on the Martian surface. From busted batteries to wonky clock glitches, it's unclear if the rover will ever wake back up, but NASA's latest blog update promises that it's not giving up on the aging robot just yet.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has a $26 home security camera that’s better than a $199 Nest Cam
- Bose’s newest earbuds claim to help you sleep better – and people say they actually work
Trending Right Now:
- New rumor puts an exciting spin on ‘Avengers 4’ time travel
- The special iPhone X wallpaper everyone loves is finally available for the iPhone XR
- All-screen Galaxy S10 design imagined in new renders
NASA refuses to give up on silent Opportunity rover originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 18:04:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.