While the Xbox One continues to sell well (despite its disappointing lack of exclusive games), the Xbox brand doesn't always guarantee success. Back in 2013, Microsoft was reportedly working on a smartwatch prototype that featured a 1.5-inch touchscreen display and removable bands. Like countless other prototypes, it never saw the light of day, but on Monday, Twitter user Hikari Calyx shared a few never-before-seen images of the so-called Xbox Watch.
As early reports suggested, the smartwatch does indeed have a small touchscreen display. Based on the images, it appears to be capable of GPS location tracking and heart rate monitoring. Workouts would have been a major focus as well, as they are on most smartwatches (perhaps most notably the Apple Watch).
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- iPhone 8 sold better than the iPhone X in 2017, new data reveals
Mysterious Xbox Watch uncovered years after Microsoft abandoned the project originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 20:00:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.