Mysterious Xbox Watch uncovered years after Microsoft abandoned the project
While the Xbox One continues to sell well (despite its disappointing lack of exclusive games), the Xbox brand doesn't always guarantee success. Back in 2013, Microsoft was reportedly working on a smartwatch prototype that featured a 1.5-inch touchscreen display and removable bands. Like countless other prototypes, it never saw the light of day, but on Monday, Twitter user Hikari Calyx shared a few never-before-seen images of the so-called Xbox Watch.
As early reports suggested, the smartwatch does indeed have a small touchscreen display. Based on the images, it appears to be capable of GPS location tracking and heart rate monitoring. Workouts would have been a major focus as well, as they are on most smartwatches (perhaps most notably the Apple Watch).
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: DNA test, $15 Crock-Pot, $10 electric griddle, $23 Bluetooth earbuds, Nest, more
- The ultra-slim iPhone X case made of real body armor is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S9’s biggest hardware change shown in new leaked photos
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- iPhone 8 sold better than the iPhone X in 2017, new data reveals
Mysterious Xbox Watch uncovered years after Microsoft abandoned the project originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 20:00:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.