Mysterious and exciting new Galaxy Note 9 features tipped by top leaker
Samsung's latest-generation Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are two of the hottest flagship smartphones on the market right now — and yet sales have been a massive disappointment right out of the gate. In fact, things were apparently so bad immediately following the phones' release that their prices were slashed at three major carriers within a month. That's unprecedented for a top-tier flagship phone, and it's all because Samsung tried to mimic Apple's old strategy of launching "S" upgrades every other year.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ look just like the Galaxy S8 and S8+ that were released in 2017, which is what Apple used to do with iPhones. Of course, Samsung forgot two key factors in Apple's strategy. First, Apple always added exciting and compelling new features to its S updates, while Samsung's S9 duo merely features performance upgrades. Second, Apple has no competition. If someone wants a smartphone that runs iOS, they have to buy an iPhone. If someone wants a smartphone powered by Android, he or she has dozens of good options.
Well, Samsung fans, we have good news and bad news. The bad news is Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 9 update is rumored to be just as boring as its Galaxy S9 update. But the good news is Samsung might actually offer exciting new features in one key area.
BGR Top Deals:
- Get the wireless charger that should’ve come with your phone for $13
- Today’s best deals: Thinnest iPhone X clear case, $15 Wi-Fi router, $20 Bluetooth earbuds, more
Trending Right Now:
- ARM-based Windows PCs and Macs are coming, and they’ll be incredibly powerful
- Bloomberg report reveals three new Apple products launching next year
- Amazon Prime savings will be available at all Whole Foods stores beginning Wednesday
Mysterious and exciting new Galaxy Note 9 features tipped by top leaker originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 10:48:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.