My favorite theory about the ‘Alien Probe’ asteroid is that aliens are intentionally ignoring Earth
You've probably seen a lot of coverage of the mysterious interstellar visitor known as Oumuamua in recent weeks. It was (and still is) a pretty big deal for a number of reasons, not least of which is that whatever it is, it is the first object humans have observed visiting into our Solar System from deep space. Some think it's an asteroid, some think it's a comet, and still others believe that it's actually an alien probe making its way from star to star in search of something interesting. Now, a new theory has begun to take root in the more cynical science fans, and it's definitely my new favorite.
When scientists from the Breakthrough Listen revealed that their hours-long study of the object didn't return promising results for it being an alien probe, some casual observers suggested that maybe that's because aliens are intentionally ignoring us. I think they just might be right.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company is going to be so angry when you get this $40 box
- The best accessory for any Samsung flagship phone just dropped to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- Incredibly creepy skull-shaped asteroid is going to cruise by Earth next year
- OnePlus 6 rumored to have a feature that even the iPhone X couldn’t pull off
- Paleontologists confirm these ancient sea monsters once patrolled Antarctic waters
My favorite theory about the ‘Alien Probe’ asteroid is that aliens are intentionally ignoring Earth originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 22 Dec 2017 at 17:20:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.