MTV to reboot ‘Daria’ as part of broader plan to develop shows for streaming sites like Netflix
With each passing year, consumers are spending less and less time watching TV via traditional cable subscriptions. Hardly a revelation, cord-cutting has been on the rise for quite some time and has become increasingly tenable thanks to streaming services like HBO, Amazon, and of course, Netflix.
In an effort to hitch their wagon to the new streaming-centric environment we now live in, MTV earlier today announced a new venture that will see the iconic cable station release new shows specifically geared for streaming services. The shows will launch under the umbrella of a new production company dubbed MTV Studios.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best-selling Bluetooth headphones on Amazon’s entire site are just $28 right now
- This $119 Windows 10 computer is the size of a flash drive
Trending Right Now:
- New laws could make posting memes a punishable offense because nobody has a sense of humor anymore
- The best Nintendo Switch game you’ve never heard of is only $30 today
- 39 new Netflix original TV shows and movies debut in July – here’s the full list
MTV to reboot ‘Daria’ as part of broader plan to develop shows for streaming sites like Netflix originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 21 Jun 2018 at 21:30:34 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.