Snow and Christmas go hand-in-hand, but sometimes Mother Nature goes a little over the top. A dusting of the frosty white stuff is fine — even a few inches isn't a big deal, as long as you have a shovel and a bit of salt to keep it in check — but Erie, Pennsylvania, is dealing with record-breaking snowfall that would bring any city to its knees.
According to the National Weather Service, Erie has endured an incredible 53 inches of snowfall within 30 hours, shattering all previous records and shutting down everything from local businesses to the airport.
BGR Top Deals:
- Grab a discounted slow cooker for $38 on Amazon, then try these 25 delicious recipes
- $19 device doubles the speed of your Fire TV or Chromecast
Trending Right Now:
- The world’s smallest cell phone is so tiny you might accidentally swallow it
- The Galaxy S9’s ‘boring’ design will let it keep the headphone jack
- Something completely unexpected happened during 2017’s solar eclipse and scientists are delighted
Mother Nature just dumped 53 inches of snow on one US town in only 30 hours originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 at 19:02:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.