In case you haven't noticed, Silicon Valley is obsessed with health, or at least the appearance of health. You can see evidence of it just about everywhere, including internet-connected juicers and new medical "breakthroughs," but rarely is a new trend as obviously flawed as "raw water." Raw water is untreated, unfiltered water pulled from Earth and bottled for consumption by people willing to pay absurd prices for it. The best part? It's probably going to make them all sick anyway.
Unlike other healthy eating trends, like consuming only raw fruits and vegetables or insisting upon antibiotic-free "clean" cuts of meat, raw water is actually the opposite of clean. It's not pure in any way, shape, or form, and the only thing natural about it is the fact that potentially deadly bacteria has yet to be removed from it. It is, simply put, the dumbest food trend to come along in a long, long time.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods
- 10 seconds and $50 is all it takes to add gigabit Ethernet to your house
Trending Right Now:
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
- Scientists have figured out how to grow real meat in a lab, no animal required
- Niagara Falls is coated in ice and looks absolutely insane right now
Morons are obsessed with ‘raw water’ that will probably make them sick originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 10:10:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.