More people cut the cord last quarter than ever before
Cord-cutting is happening at speed. We already knew that, and cable companies have been prepping for a while. But one thing no-one foresaw is just how quickly people would ditch their cable contracts the second they had the opportunity.
A report from Kagan, a market intelligence firm, claims that 1.2 million people ditched traditional pay TV in July, August, and September. That's the first time a single-quarter loss has topped 1,000,000 customers, and it's a new all-time record for the pay TV industry.
BGR Top Deals:
- Can someone please explain why Apple didn’t include this $13 accessory with every pair of AirPods?
- This is one of Black Friday 2017’s best TV deals, and it’s already available now
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung accidentally confirmed it’s making a Galaxy X
- The unthinkable happened: New Android phone crushes iPhone X in speed test
- The best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop online right now: Walmart, Best Buy, more
More people cut the cord last quarter than ever before originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 at 09:50:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.